Friday, January 20, 2006

The rigged elections

I want to tell you to go on over to Smirking Chimp and just read all the articles for today. Instead I'm going to to give you links to three of them and, while I'm at it, to the new book by Mark Crispin Miller called, Fooled Again - How the Right Stole the 2004 Election and Why They'll Steal the Next One, Too (Unless We Stop Them).

You, know, I've had several people tell me lately that they're optimistic because "the pendulum always swings." Well, yes, it does. That is, the pendulum of public opinion. But don't forget, our votes are counted by easily hackable computerized voting machines and the machines are owned by Republicans who promised to "deliver the vote" for Bush.

Read : "Political machines Was the 2004 election fixed?" by Paul Craig Roberts. Then read "Loot the vote: The Bush faction's future victories are already in the bag" by Chris Floyd. Finally, take a look at "Goodbye Terry Gross, we niver knew ye" by Joe Bageant that outlines how NPR has refused to review Fooled Again. Interestingly, I tried to give you a link to Fooled Again on Amazon. Amazon doesn't carry it. Even Wal-Mart carries that book (I refuse to link to Wal-Mart, however) so what's with Amazon? It's known to be a "red" company, I can tell you that much. (I link to them anyway because of the reviews.) But I was truly surprised to find a book that's not available through Amazon. There seems to be a widespread conspiracy of silence around the fraud surrounding the last two presidential elections.

P.S. Here's a BuzzFlash review of Fooled Again. Also, Mark Crispin Miller has a blog right here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Tulsa City-County libraries have 2 copies of Fooled Again.
    They are both checked out right now.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.