Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Support for impeachment

Well, it should surprise no one that the mainstream press is not reporting the polls that show widespread support for impeaching President Bush because of the illegal warrantless wiretapping. Check out this article entitled, "Zogby Poll: Americans Support Impeaching Bush for Wiretapping":


By a margin of 52% to 43%, Americans want Congress to consider impeaching President Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a grassroots coalition that supports a Congressional investigation of President Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

Why this isn't being shouted from the housetops is beyond me. No it's not, actually. Most people in the corporate owned news outlets are simply propaganda mouthpieces for the administration. Of course they're not going to consider these polls results worth reporting.

May I recommend a blog I just found? It's called Impeach Bush Coalition and links to a lot of articles on why Bush should be impeached.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    this is funny, because yesterday morning I became enraged at the lack of coverage, or lies, that are being spread by the media concerning wiretapping. Gonzales has been on the circuit saying "Clinton did the same thing," which is false.
    So, I did what any read-blooded (an educated) American would do: I bought a tee-shirt that says Impeach Bush (and it is bright yellow). I will wear that tee shirt with pride knowing that the president has broken the fundamental spirit and law of our constitution, and I'll explain that to anyone who asks me about my tee shirt. For some reason, that makes me feel better.
    -M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get it, M. It makes me feel better everytime I post an "Impeach Bush" sign on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.