Thursday, April 20, 2006

U.K. leading conservative on climate change

Now why is it that conservatives across the pond can see the danger of global warming but our conservatives can't? The Independent has an article by it's leading conservative entitled, "David Cameron: 'We need a greater sense of urgency on climate change'". Here's how it gets started:

Since becoming leader of the Conservative Party I have sought to push the environment up to the top of the political agenda. Not only is it something that I feel strongly about, but I am aware that my position has given me a unique opportunity to stimulate national debate on an issue that we cannot afford to ignore. I intend to take it.

This is one of the reasons I decided to go on a fact-finding visit with WWF to the Arctic Research Station at Ny Alesund in Norway. I want to see for myself the effects of climate change, not just to see a retreating glacier but to meet leading scientific and research experts. Climate change is one of the biggest threats facing the world and we must have a much greater sense of urgency about tackling it.


It's "one of the biggest threats facing the world," he says. I would say it's THE biggest threat. Now why can't the Republicans see that? Don't they have children? How can they be so short sighted as to put this year's profits ahead of next year's survivability?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Republicans don't have to acknowledge the danger of global warming. After all, their current agenda is to fulfill Biblical prophecy by starting a nuclear war which they can then call Armageddon. Then all the good little Christians (by their definition, of course) can be caught up in the rapture. Why worry about global warming when you can fulfill biblical prophecy?
    Carolyn L.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.