Thursday, June 15, 2006

Change those light bulbs!

A while back I encouraged you to take the pledge to change one incandescent bulb in your home to a compact fluorescent bulb. I want to urge you to do that again and then work up to three bulbs. Take a look at the following passage that explains how effective this action is:

Global warming is a huge problem. Is it really true that all I need to do is change light bulbs in my home?

Global warming is too big a problem for any one change to solve it. But, changing old-style incandescent bulbs for more efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL) is a simple, cost-effective step every American can take.

If every household in America changed three bulbs, it would be the equivalent of taking 3.5 million cars off the road.


So far, I've changed two. And I'm planning to change some in my office as well. It's so simple and I haven't noticed the difference so far. Compact fluorescent bulbs have improved over the last few years with regard to the quality of light they give off.

The above question and answer is from a page on the Environmental Defense web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.