Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Television news

Well, I don't watch it anymore, as I've shared with you before. Television news, that is. I want to share with you something in that regard that I found on one of my favorite blogs, HeadBlast by David Cogswell:

I heard that George Stephanopoulos had Bo Derek on his show on Sunday. (Boston.com) Bo Derek! The sex object in the movie "10", and some other more mindless movies. Ms Derek is listed as an "activist" -- pro Bush, pro war, pro corporatism, apparently. This is Stephanopoulos' idea of a major news story for the Sunday morning audience. I rest my case. The corporate media "news" shows are an utterly ridiculous distraction.


All I can say is that's pretty pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.