Monday, October 09, 2006

That alcoholism excuse

This is good:

Foley checked himself into rehab. But according to the New York Times, many people question his alcoholism claim. That's when you know things are bad in Washington: when a congressman can't even be trusted to be a drunk.

--Jay Leno

Foley is claiming to have been under the influence of alcohol when he wrote those instant messages. You know, I've been drunk before and it never made me have the slightest attraction to underage young people. It never caused me to prey on people it was my professional obligation to protect. Just like it never made me hate Jews. (Are you listening, Mel Gibson?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.