Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dog Comes To Aid Of Injured Man

Cynthia sent me this story this morning:

CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ore. -- A Crawfordsville man stranded in the dark was saved with the help of his dog last Thursday morning.

Jerry Hadler, a rancher near Sweet Home, went out to perform his daily chores with his dog, U-Kome, last Thursday morning. While walking in the dark, Hadler slipped and fell.

“I hit an incline and it just went out from underneath me,” Hadler said. “I fell on it and I broke my ankle.”

Hadler, who said he has suffered several broken bones in the past, knew instantly he had broken a bone in his foot.

His dog, too, knew something was wrong and began barking.

“She washed my face and my ears, ran circles around me, and barked and barked,” Hadler said.

Hadler’s dog then ran back to the barn, where friend Mark Marvin was starting his day as well. U-Kome ran circles around Marvin and began barking, Marvin said.

“I said ‘Go play, go to Jerry,’” Marvin said.

But U-Kome was persistent and didn’t take no for an answer. The dog led Marvin to Hadler, who was unable to walk.

“If it wouldn’t have been for that dog, it would have been quite awhile before I found him,” Marvin said.


I just wanted to share that with you because stories like this bring me much joy. There's just nothing like a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.