Monday, August 13, 2007

Karl Rove's resignation

Well, I heard it on NPR news this morning and couldn't believe the old "spend more time with his family" explanation.

Here's a comment someone made on Common Dreams today:

The cliché “spend more time with family” is usually a euphemism for “my conscience has finally spoken and I can’t live with the hypocrisy anymore” or “I can’t take the stress of all the lies I have to tell.” We KNOW that this is not true about Karl Rove.

Something is afoot. Possibilities include: Rove is moving on to plan the theft of the 2008 election. he is planning to leave the country to live comfortably on the $$ he has looted from our treasury. He is about to be indicted (oh, hope of all hopes…) or he can wreak even more havoc without the minimal constraints that being a “government employee” placed upon him. (I know, I know…not that small considerations like the Constitution or laws ever stopped him before). I am sure there are a multitude of other treasonous, dishonest, destructive and murderous possibilities.

The one, undisputable fact that remains is that Rove’s legacy is one of vitriol and hatefulness, destruction, divisiveness and death. We are left with a huge mess on our hands. Karl, it seems, gets to walk away scot-free with a bundle of cash. Bush will probably give him a presidential medal of honor. I would say “good riddance to bad rubbish” but I really don’t believe that Karl is going anywhere but underground to continue playing out his obscene obsession with power at the expense of the rest of the world.

Some good points there. I definitely think something's decidedly fishy about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.