Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour 2008




Let's do this, folks. It's tonight at 8:00. Get out those candles. Turn off the lights for one hour. It's the right thing to do.

UPDATE: I just thought I'd remind you again that the best way you can fight global warming is to become a vegetarian. Look at this:

Last November, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization issued a report stating that the livestock business generates more greenhouse gas emissions than all forms of transportation combined.

You can get tons of information about this at a page called "Meat Eating and Global Warming". Please. Do your homework on this issue!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    after doing this yesterday I am more conscious about turning out lights when I leave a room. Maybe I could do this every month just as a reminder. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the earth hour lights off. I am typically an energy-saver anyway, trained by my parents at a very young age to follow people around turning lights off behind them! Still, the reminder was good and it was nice to see so many people making an effort.

    Also, though I likely won't go 100% vegetarian, I am eating less meat, almost no red meat, and am experimenting with tofu (with some success!). Trying to stick to poultry and fish for the most part. Thanks for the encouragement and prodding. :)

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.