Friday, October 31, 2008

Another Republican on Palin

This is from a McCain key foreign policy advisor and former Secretary of State:

NPR: Are you entirely comfortable with Sarah Palin as the Vice President of the United States? That she would be ready to take over in a crisis if she should be called up to do so?

Eagleburger: That's a very good question. I'm being facetious here. Look, I don't.. Of course not. I don't think at the moment she's prepared to take over the reigns of the presidency.

-- Larry Eagleburger

I simply do not understand how the powers that be in the Republican Party allowed her to be picked. It's purely reckless.

UPDATE: Oh my goodness. Somebody got to him. The man recanted. Look:

Secretary Eagleburger appeared on Fox News today to recant his statements from yesterday when he said “of course” Palin’s not ready to be Vice President. “I made a serious mistake yesterday,” he said. “I wasn’t thinking when I said it. … I was just plain stupid, and if I have given the flim flam artist Barack Obama some success with this, I am deeply apologetic. I did not intend it.”


It's just beyond belief. Wonder what they threatened him with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.