Friday, August 21, 2009

Don't we have a First Amendment in this country?

It's the lead story on the CNN website right now but for some reason, my browser won't let me open the page containing the whole story. So I'm sending you elsewhere to an article entitled "Blogger 'PittGirl' Fired From Job After Revealing True Identity". Here's how it gets started:

Shortly after PittGirl, the former ghost writer for Pittsburgh's popular TheBurghBlog.com, revealed her true identity, she was fired from her job.

Virginia Montanez came clean on her new Web site,
ThatsChurch.com, after calling it quits more than six months ago writing for TheBurghBlog.

On her new site, Montanez revealed that she worked at the college access program NEED, which often works with Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's office and UPMC [University of Pittsburgh Medical Center]. However, PittGirl often targeted "Lukey" and UPMC while writing for TheBurghBlog.

"As I feared would happen, I am no longer working at NEED. Listen. It’s okay. NEED is a wonderful organization doing what it needs to do, look after its rich history and stellar reputation. They don’t need me there as a distraction. I’m very sad about their decision, but I understand it and I am going to accept it and move on. There is no need to go to bat for me with them," Montanez wrote Thursday...

Well, that's amazingly gracious of her.

You know what I think? I think that Lukey and the rest of them are a bunch of big cry babies.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.