Friday, October 16, 2009

Hard to believe

Yes, it's hard to believe in this day and age but a justice of the peace has refused to issue a marriage license to an inter-racial couple. Take a look at his justification:

He said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. Bardwell said he came to the conclusion that most black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society.

“Yet, the children are innocent. They had nothing to do with that,” he said.

In many cases, he said, the grandparents or a relative ends up with the children.

“I don’t do interracial marriages because I don’t want to put children in a situation they didn’t bring on themselves,” Bardwell said. “In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer.”

He said if he does an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all.

“I try to treat everyone equally,” he said.

Yeah, right.

What can I say but good grief.
~~~

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed how it has really hampered our president to be of mixed heritage. The poor unfortunate man was really turned into an underachiever and a burden to society by it.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.