Saturday, February 05, 2011

Message to all climate change deniers

Over on the List Universe site, there's a post entitled "15 Common Astronomical Myths" that I discovered today. Here's one:

10. Mercury is the closest planet to the sun but despite this, it is not the hottest. The planet with the highest mean surface temperature is actually Venus – a consequence of its mostly carbon-dioxide atmosphere.

You do know, don't you, that the global warming deniers insist that carbon-dioxide is not a pollutant because it's natural.

Okay. I'll concede that. And it still makes the planet hot, okay? (Just try surviving on Venus.)
~~~

1 comment:

  1. I'd be ok with conceding that point to them (as it is true), but then they make the leap that because it's natural it can't be dangerous, can't be making the planet hotter. That's the claim that gets me. Tannins in acorns are natural too, but they're still going to kill me if I don't soak the acorns long enough to remove all the tannins.

    There were some things on that list that I didn't know...fascinating really.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.