Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Saddest paragraph I've read in a long time

This one:

A despair grips America today, a cold fear that our best days are behind us, that we are adrift and powerless. Yes, the Republicans are to blame. But so is a president who treats core American values as bargaining chips, who won’t fight for anything, who refuses to lead. It turns out hope does matter.


It's from a Newsweek article entitled "Oval Office Appeaser" by William Broyles. It's a short piece and one that is powerfully written. I do urge you to go read the whole thing.
~~~

2 comments:

  1. Powerful is a understatement...thank you (hope I can sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...yes, despair does grip America. Even worse, we're losing our hope that things will get better. I think we need a leader who will do what needs to be done, no matter how popular or unpopular that makes him/her. I don't know if Hillary Clinton is that leader, but I do know she has a much stronger backbone than Obama has proven to have. I think she'd fight back and not just give in to the whims of the Republicans.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.